Nacton CC photography and video policy
Taking and sharing photos and videos are a great way for Nactonians to interact with club members and cricketers, document successes and celebrate good news stories. It is important to remember your potential audience when taking and sharing photos. Once a photo or video has been shared, even within a private group, it is out there in the public domain, and not something you can ever fully delete or re-call. Unfortunately, there are people out there who will use photos and videos for negative purposes; bullying, grooming, locating, and trolling can all start with a misjudged photo.With that in mind, we ask that you stick to the following:
- 1. no names Ideally, no full names would be attached to images of individuals. If the story/ communication would benefit from names being included, only ever use first names. As with all things, please let common sense prevail: if you have permission to attach someone’s name to a photo/ someone has been pleading with you to use their photo then of course it’s OK.
- 2. no ID: Avoid the inclusion of detailed information that could make individuals easy to trace, e.g. no pictures of children in a specific school uniform.
- 3. appropriate clothing: Only use images of people in suitable dress to reduce the risk of inappropriate use, e.g. no pictures of people in swimwear or underwear.
- 4. delete if asked: If an individual, a parent or a carer asks for any photo to be removed or deleted, it should be done without question at the earliest opportunity.
- 5. permission: Due to cricket events taking place in public settings, it is not possible for individuals to opt in or out of being photographed/ filmed at an event. For this reason, it’s important that all event-specific websites state that photographing or filming is likely to take place. If you know in advance that specific/ out of the ordinary photography is going to take place on a specific week, e.g. NCC are sending someone to take a video to be used for a specific promotional purpose, alert people to this beforehand via social media and your website, and include it in your pre-match briefings.
- 6. restrictions It is not permitted for photographs to be taken in changing rooms, home or away
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Peregrine Bush Social Media Secretary
Around the club
Below are photographs taken through the 2013-2016 seasons. We have plenty more pictures to follow including some from the past. We always welcome photographs of the club past and present. Please send images to Social Media Secretary