Statement of Intent
This policy follows the guidance set out by the ECB ‘Safe Hands’ policy to assist in the safeguarding of all children in cricket club settings Nacton CC is committed to following this guidance and has set out the following procedures with reference to transporting of children to and from matches and training sessions.
(Use of the word ‘children’ in the following policy refers to all players under 18 years of age).
Best Practice procedures
- Nacton CC hereby notifies Parents/Carers that: Parents/Carers are responsible for the safe delivery and collection of their child to and from matches and or training.
- Nacton CC will distribute information as soon as practicable relating to all planned away fixtures or competitions to provide Parents/Carers with an opportunity to make appropriate arrangements. This will be done through the club web site, the printed and distributed fixture cards and/or through junior team managers and/or coaching staff.
- Coaches and Club Staff will be responsible for the children in their care when on the club premises or on arrival at opponents’ cricket grounds.
- It is not the responsibility of the Coach or Team Manager to transport, or arrange to transport, the children to and from the Club or match.
- Team Managers, Coaches or Nacton CC itself, are not liable or responsible for any private transportation arrangements organised by parents/carers with, other family members, friends or even other club members in connection with getting their child to and or from club fixtures or training sessions.
- Parents/Carers are advised that when arranging lifts for their children with third parties, it is their responsibility to check that appropriate and up to date insurances and licensing documentation is held by the owner/driver of the vehicle.
- The Club must receive permission from Parents/Carers for children to participate in all competitions and away fixtures/events. This permission is by written consent as contained on Nacton CC Junior Member Consent Form.
- It is Nacton CC policy that players do not leave the playing facility whether at home or away without notifying the Coach or Team Manager. It is also the policy of the Club that parents/carers do not take their children away before the ground is tidied away (where required) and the coach is able to release the players in a controlled way.
- Parents/carers who knowingly are going to be late delivering or collecting their children must take reasonable steps to inform the Coach/Team Manager as soon as possible, so suitable arrangements can be made. In the case of no such communication the Coach or Team Manager will take reasonable steps to contact the parent/carer or alternative adult contact (as detailed on the Junior Member Consent Form) to make alternative arrangements.
- Parents/guardians should have a contact number for the club/coach to inform them of emergencies and possible late collections.
Download the Transport Policy here